Issues and services are taken very seriously with Edge.
You are here
Founded in 1990, EdgeBio is a market leader in DNA sequencing reagents located in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Ours is a smart, professional and energetic culture in which individuals can and do make a real difference. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a rewarding environment.
Edge is seeking aggressive and dynamic individuals who are interested in simplifying the complex task of scientific discovery by providing reliable tools and exceptional service to the DNA sequencing community.
- Quality Control and Product Development Scientist
Do you thrive in a self-directed environment? Do you enjoy applying quality control procedures and comparing data to well-established standards? Then you can be a part of our growth through your unique talent and contributions to our successful team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for testing products to ensure that they adhere to strict standards and for recording testing data. You will optimize completion of product testing and improvements to testing procedures through your resourcefulness. Your attention to detail will support our Quality Management Systems and product development efforts. Strong customer service skills will enable you to effectively troubleshoot product complaints. Through your ability to collaborate with others, you will participate in failure investigations and continuous improvement efforts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology or related field, with 1-2 years of experience or, a Master’s degree in Molecular Biology or related field with related course and lab work
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Experience working in an ISO environment is a plus
Apply for available positions online.